This Pre-Game Warm-Up material is section 2 of 3 of the Coaches Packet. Please be sure to download/print/review the Game Day Policies (section 1) and Recommended Food Vendors (section 3) to complete the Coaches Packet. You will not be provided a printed copy of this material at the fields so please plan accordingly.
WARM-UP INSTRUCTIONS (ALL COMPLEXES):
00:00:00: Scheduled Game Start Time
– 00:10:00: Pre-Game Plate Meeting (no on-field warm-ups allowed)
– 00:20:00: Both teams conduct on-field “Shuttle” Warm-Up
— OR —
– 00:30:00: Both teams conduct on-field Eight (8) Minute Pre-Game**
– 01:00:00: Offensive or Defensive Warm-Up (refer to your Complex Warm-Up Procedures)
– 01:45:00: Offensive or Defensive Warm-Up (refer to your Complex Warm-Up Procedures)
General Information for Warm-Ups at ALL Complexes
Plate meetings will take place ten (10) minutes prior to the published game start time. Teams should not be on the field warming up during or after the Plate meeting.
At least twenty (20) minutes prior to the scheduled game start time, either or both teams may conduct “shuttle” warm-ups in the outfield territory closest to their dugouts. “Shuttle” warm-ups include hitting ground balls or fly balls in the grass areas only. Except for the warm-up in the grass areas, no athlete or coach should be conducting warm-ups (including infield ground balls) on the fair-territory clay area. Pitchers and catchers may warm-up in the foul territory closest to the team’s dugout. Shuttle warm-ups must be concluded prior to the start of the plate meeting (i.e., 10 minutes prior to the published game start time).
On-field Eight (8) Minute Warm-Ups (an alternative to Shuttle Warm-Ups):
** Both coaches must agree to conduct the eight (8) minute pre-game prior to either team beginning the eight (8) minute pre-game warm-up AND both teams must have a team representative on the field for the duration of the other team’s eight-minute warm-up.
Teams may conduct on-field, eight (8) minute pre-game under the following conditions:
– On-field, eight (8) minute pre-game must start no less than thirty (30) minute prior to the published game start time
– The Home team will conduct the eight (8) minute pre-game first (30 minutes prior to the published game start time)
– The Visiting team will conduct the eight (8) minute pre-game second (20 minutes prior to the published game start time)
– Both teams must be off the field in time for the plate meeting (10 minutes prior to the published game start time)
– The field will NOT be re-spun or re-lined before the start of the game
We are testing this on-field warm-up procedure for 2019 based on feedback provided to us by coaches. If this procedure causes problems or conflict or creates difficulty for our staff to manage the game-day procedures, THE Spring Games reserves the right to discontinue this pre-game warm-up policy immediately and without notice. Please refer to this website for the official game-day policies effective at the time of your games.
Help us take care of our parks!
Following these simple tips will help ensure that we are invited back to the facilities in the future:
– Coaches hitting fly balls to the outfield should not hit from the outfield grass area; instead, please hit outfield fly balls from the clay area so we do not disturb the grass line.
– Please do not hit, bunt, or pitch on any portion of the grass areas on the field.
– Please use the designated hitting areas or portable nets for hitting soft-toss or off of tees (do not hit into any fencing or backstops whether net or chain link).
– Where safety nets are provided (e.g., in batting tunnels or warm-up fields), please do not remove the safety net from the field or tunnel. Please do return the net to its original position at the conclusion of your warm-up.
– If players throw in the outfield during shuttle warm-ups, please ask them to stay off the foul lines by a minimum of five feet (5′) at all times.
– In general, please take care of the fields as if they were your own.
Please refer to your complex warm-up procedures for complex-specific pre-game instructions.
Game Start Time; Starting Early; Handling Delays
Please refer to the official THE Spring Games App for the official game start time. If both coaches, the umpire, and the field crew agree, games may start up to thirty (30) minutes prior to the published game start time. If games are running behind, teams waiting for their opponent may conduct shuttle warm-ups while waiting on their opponent; both teams must report to the plate for the Plate Meeting within ten (10) minutes of the first representative of the delayed team arriving to their dugout.
FOR COMPLEXES WITH BATTING TUNNELS:
THE Spring Games is happy to announce that in 2019 we will have one (1) thirty-five foot (35′) batting tunnel per field at the following complexes:
Legends Way Ballfields (Clermont)
Hancock Park (Clermont)
Sleepy Hollow Softball Complex (Leesburg)
Osceola Softball Complex (Kissimmee)
Fortune Road Softball Complex (Kissimmee)
Please refer to the Complex Map for your Complex to identify the location of the batting tunnels and designated defensive warm-up areas. Each batting tunnel will be identified by either a number (which will correlate with the game field number) or will be located on the game field in the outfield warm-up area.
The HOME TEAM will will follow the following pre-game warm-up schedule:
– Offensive warm-up in the designated batting tunnel (matched to the game field number): 01:45:00 prior to the official game start time
– Defensive warm-up in the designated defensive warm-up area: 01:00:00 prior to the official game start time
The AWAY TEAM will will follow the following pre-game warm-up schedule:
– Defensive warm-up in the designated defensive warm-up area: 01:45:00 prior to the official game start time
– Offensive warm-up in the designated batting tunnel (matched to the game field number): 01:00:00 prior to the official game start time
FOR COMPLEXES WITHOUT BATTING TUNNELS:
Minneola Athletic Complex:
Field 5 (the multi-purpose field) has been reserved for team warm-up. Teams should use Field 5 as follows:
01:45:00 prior to the official game start time:
– Field 1 Home Team: 3B half of the infield including 3B and SS positions
– Field 2 Home Team: 1B half of the infield including 1B and 2B positions
– Field 1 Away Team: 1B half of the outfield
Field 2 Away Team: 3B half of the outfield
01:00:00 prior to the official game start time:
– Field 1 Home Team: 3B half of the outfield
– Field 2 Home Team: 1B half of the outfield
– Field 1 Away Team: 1B half of the infield including 1B and 2B positions
– Field 2 Away Team: 3B half of the infield including 3B and SS positions
There are no batting tunnels at Minneola. Teams are encouraged to bring their own pop-up nets and tees.
DiamondPlex Softball Complex:
Teams will use the outfield grass beyond the temporary fence as their designated defensive warm-up spaces and a full field for batting practice (front toss) warm-up. Please see the site supervisor to determine the day’s offensive warm-up schedule.